Introduction of AUT(Ajou University in Tashkent)
Ajou University in Tashkent(AUT) was established in Tashkent, the capital city of Uzbekistan, in February 2021. It is a combination of both hardware, consisting of buildings and campus site provided by the Uzbekistan government, and software, comprising the curriculum and expertise of Ajou University. Students who successfully complete the curriculum are awarded a diploma from Ajou University. AUT stands as a remarkable example of the successful exportation of Korean higher education, encompassing the entire university education system rather than just individual professors or departments.
- Civil & Construction Enginee
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1,128 in total (289 in the 1st year, 420 in the 2nd year, and 419 in the 3rd year) as of December 1, 2022
- 53 in total (10 dispatched from Ajou University and 43 employed in Uzbekistan) as of December 1, 2022.
4. Characteristics of Curriculum
- Ajou University(AU) selects newly enrolled students.
- The curriculum is identical to that of AU, with some localized elements.
- Instructors from AU teach over 25% of the major courses.
- All classes are conducted in English.
- Graduation credit requirements are the same as AU.
- Students who complete the curriculum receive a diploma from AU.
- Rector: Muratov Gayrat Azatovich
- 1st Vice Rector: Lim Jay Ick (E-business professor of AU)
- Vice Rector: Kuchkarov Bokhodir Makhkamovich
- Dean of Civil & Construction Engineering Dept.: Shin Yung Seok (Professor of Civil Systems Engineering Dept., AU)
- Dean of Architecture Dept.: Oh Seok Kyu (Professor of Dasan Dept, AU)
- Dean of Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept.: Jo Jung Yul (Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept, AU)
* as of December 1, 2022
History of AUT
||Proclamation of the Presidential Decree on the Establishment of AUT
||Agreement on the Establishment of AUT|
(Between AU and Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education, Republic of Uzbekistan)
||Agreement on Management of AUT|
(Among AU-AUT-the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education, Republic of Uzbekistan)
||Opening of AUT
|February ~ September 2021
||the 1st Academic Year (2020/2021)
|September 2021 ~ August 2022
||the 2nd Academic Year(2021/2022)
|September 2022 ~ August 2023
||the 3rd Academic Year(2022/2023)